Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rose, my great host in Kampala, Uganda

Rose, Kampala
On this party, Caesar introduced to Rose. Rose lives a little bit outside of Kampala (however, on the other side) and she invited me to stay with her instead of living at the hotel! This was the best what could happen to me. A nice, bright, clean room, bed with mosquito net, always enough canisters with water, very good food and Rose as my host. A great mixture!

Rose lives in Kyengera, about 6 km away from Kampala. Not really far. But it can last forever last to go from there into town or to come back, especially, if one chooses the wrong time... So, e.g., early in the morning to Kampala or about 7pm going back. The latter has happened to me once - this definitely will not happen again. There were simply no free minibuses. In every minibus fit more or less 18 people - at that time, however, if a few hundred people wait for the different destinations and the minibuses do not have any sign, which one goes where..... Not so easily for a Muzungu like me and only with local help (elbow, knee, etc.) from Rhona I got in the right minibus at all....