Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hanging out with some ugandan scouts

With the scouts Nikolaus and David, Kampala, Uganda
This time, I was in Uganda not for sightseeing, but for visiting friends. This time also some friends, I knew before only with Facebook. It is rather exciting to meet at the main post office, which you  know only from the Internet. Good Rose was rather worried, particularly as it was a young man, I was about to meet - David. Their worries were absolutely unnecessary.

I was very in good hands with David. Two days I spent with him and other scouts. The scouts here do a lot of interesting activities. For example, there is workshop to learn skills (boats repair, to c
arpenters, etc.).


Welcome at school, Kampala, Uganda
The second day was even more exciting, as we went to a school, which is supported and run by the scouts. This school is visited mainly by children, whose parents cannot pay school fees. Out of the 200 kids, there are 70 scouts. Then there was the full scout's program with flag hoist, national anthem sing, the visitor welcome (this was me), parade take (this was also me!) ... Yes, and this was not all - I even planted two trees. 

Schoolgirl, Kampala, Uganda

School, Kampala, Uganda

School, Kampala, Uganda