Sunday, June 30, 2013

Thompson Falls, Nyahururu

Although I am now already the third time in Kenya, there are still quite some places I have not visited yet. Nyahururu is one of those places. This city is at an altitude of 2400 meters. 

Thompson Falls, Nyahururu, Kenya
Here there is a big waterfall, 74 meters high. It is a very nice spot!  Here the soil is very fertile and there are many corn and wheat fields. Moreover, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, apples and oranges are harvested at the moment. Right next to the fields, people sell fresh vegetables and fruits.
Because of the height it is quite cold in Nyahururu at night - I was very cold despite of sleeping-bag and two blankets...  Apparently I became African again... My best sleeps I have with temperatures in between 24-28 degrees. Well, sooner or later I will find this again...