Thursday, June 6, 2013

Simien Mountains

Simien Mountains, Ethiopia
From Gondar it is possible to do a trekking tour in the Simien Mountains. Some people go for several days, others just for a daytrip. As it is rainy season now and I do not really like to camp on 3500 Meters altitute and being wet all time, I just went there for a daytrip, which was perfectly fine for me. On the trip we were caught in a rain storm. This was a rather poor turn of events. First, there was a little bit of wind, about 2 minutes later more wind, another 2 minutes thunder, and about 3 minutes later it started pouring down. This was really crazy. I can not remeber, that I ever was so wet as on this day. And soooooo cold.

Well, after that, we were happy to be back in Gondar and reddy for a nice hot shower - but this bad thunderstorm has disrupted  the water supply of the whole city. It even took two days for the water system to be under control again! On top, the same evening, the electricity went off...