Monday, September 23, 2013

Capetown, waterkant and table mountain

Waterkant, Capetown, South Africa
Capetown, South Africa
Capetown - yes, it is a great town. Facing the blue sea, the white houses and behind the big table mountain. Great, definitively. But the nicest town of the world? No idea. A lot of things are done especially for tourists. The waterfront seems like a big adventure playground for adults and children. With restaurants, shopping malls, a big Ferris wheel, dive with sharks and paragliding. Famous Long Street in downtown area has a few really nice old houses - and a lot of shopping. (Nothing for me - I am not a shopping person).




Long Street, Capetown, South Africa

Really fascinating was Table Mountain. All day, the mountain was covered in the fog. Still, I went there by cable car and walked around in thick fog. I thought if I am waiting long enough, maybe the fog will maybe disappear. And exactly that happened. First, the mountain side came out of mist and fog, then on the Capetown side! Great!
With all that, I forgot completely about the cold wind there. It was too fascinating. Back in the cable car, I finally realized my ice cold white fingers...

View from Table Mountain, South Africa

View from Table Mountain, South Africa