Monday, September 9, 2013

Animals and more animals in Kruger National Park

Kruger National Park, South Africa
I loved the two full days I spent in Kruger National Park. On each day, I have seen four out of the Big 5 - buffalo, elephant, lion and rhino. No leopard. Of course also a lot of other animals; antelopes, zebra, hippos, warthogs & giraffes.... These were great days in the bush!

Kruger National Park, South Africa
Definitely a kind of unique was my hostel in Hazyview close to the park - first of all, I was the only guest in a 12-beds dormitory.... Still better than full! However, the attached bar was a very funny place to hang out. This bar attracted all sorts of locals from Hazyview. Basically, there were the local priest, the teacher, the mayor and the mechanic - drinking huge amounts of beer (just not the priest, he was into Whiskey).... It was a very funny evening. After a while it became more and more difficult to understand these men, I went to my huge dormitory...


Kruger National Park, South Africa

Kruger National Park, South Africa
Kruger National Park, South Africa